Thank you to all of our 2017 volunteers! You kept the admission table manned, the floor swept, the potluck stocked, and raffle tickets selling! The hall management was also very impressed with how clean we left the hall. Interested in joining our team? We’re looking for a couple of volunteers to help us make 2018 our best year yet! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious to learn more? Here’s an overview of our process:
The Portland Roadhouse Dance relies on the help of volunteers and scholarship recipients. Tasks are broken up into half hour slots throughout the day.
Starting in 2016, we’ve used the website SignUpGenius to allow people to reserve their volunteer slot in advance. All you do is go to the site, select your preferred slot, and add your email address. This system is simple and anonymous to the public- only the PR board member administering the site will know your name and email address.
Volunteers are especially needed to sign up in advance to help with the 10:00 am set-up and the after dance clean-up at 9 pm. All volunteers who sign up will be entered into a special limited drawing for Folklife stuff such as T-Shirts, sweatshirts, in addition to other prizes such as chocolate, dance shoe gift cards, and more! Thank you in advance for volunteering!
Here is a sample of some of our volunteer opportunities:
Starting at 9:00 am:
*FILLED!* We have two full scholarship positions for early birds to help load in sound equipment. The “worm” for these early birds is free admission to the Roadhouse!
Starting at 10:00 am:
· Periodically check on the potluck, and assist our Potluck Coordinator as needed. One half-scholarship position is still available for this(6-9pm)! Email email@example.com about potluck scholarships.
· One person to set up the entrance tables and sweep the dance floor
· A couple people to set up the kitchen, buffet and basement tables
· Two individuals to sit at the door to welcome folks and manage the cash box
· Periodically sweep the dance floor
· Periodically spot clean the kitchen and basement tables.
At the end of the dance at 9 pm:
· Help the sound folk load up the sound system
· Sweep the front steps of the hall
· Take down entry tables, final sweep of dance floor
· Clean the tables in the basement, fold them up and sweep the floor
· Clean up the coffee equipment
· Clean up the kitchen and buffet
· Sweep out the restrooms
· Vacuum the entry and stairs to basement